Permanent Bulkhead Wall Project Using Giken ECO 1400S Silent Piler for Emergency Scour Protection in Lantana, Florida
The Press-In System (using Giken ECO1400 S Silent Piler) was used to install a new permanent bulkhead wall for an emergency seawall in Lantana, Florida. Murray Logan and Blue Iron teamed up to install the emergency seawall for the City of Lantana. The dunes had been eroded such it threatened the existing city facilitates located on the beach. The slope created from the scour posed significant concerns if conventional Vibratory equipment was used. The steel sheet pile wall was completed without damage to any existing structures and in very close proximity to the Ritz-Carleton, without complaint.
- Type of Project: Private Residence
- Purpose of Piling: Permanent Bulkhead Wall
- Site Location: Lantana, Florida
- Duration of Work: January – February 2009
- Owner: Emergency Scour Protection
- Main Contractor: Murray Logan Construction, Inc.
- Piling Contractor: Blue Iron Foundations and Shoring, LLC
- Equipment Used: ECO1400 S Silent Piler
- Sheet Pile Material: Gerdau PZC26 L = 35ft
- Sheet Pile Supplier: LB Foster – Orlando Office
- Download Project PDF